A staff accountant is an accounting professional who is hired to work specifically for a particular organization. The staff accountant is a full time employee of the organization and does not work for a client or any other entity. A staff accountants job is a well paying job that is highly competitive, getting a job in this field is not easy and job seekers who are interested in applying for the position need to first ensure that they have a great staff accountant resume that will help them market their skills and expertise in accountancy to the recruiting personnel and employers.
A staff accountant is also known as an in-house accountant who is required to follow the accounting policies and procedures of the organization. The professional is responsible for carrying out various accounting tasks like budgeting, budget analyzing, balancing of company accounts, book keeping, analyzing financial data, preparing accounting statements and reports etc. The staff accountant is also required to provide inputs in regards with cost optimization, cost reduction, revenue optimization etc.
When drafting a staff accountant resume on needs to ensure that the resume highlights the candidate’s knowledge of the various accounting procedures and techniques, both accounting and generic skills and the candidates experience as an accountant. By following a few simple tips one can transform a simple resume into an eye catching and effective resume that will help you get a dream job. Let’s look at how one can optimize a staff accountant resume to ensure that the candidate’s skills and expertise is highlighted.
- Title:- the resume header or title is the first part of the document that catches the attention of a employer or recruiter. Having a resume title lets the reader know what your profile is about.
- Contact information: The contact information section on your resume must be at the top center, where it displays your name, contact number and address. This information is vital as the employer would need to contact you for an interview.
- Key skills:- the key skills section of the resume must include skills that make you an ideal candidate for the job, here you should include skills like accounting and book keeping skills, analytical skills, eye for detail, communication skills, team work etc.
- Achievements:- Many candidates fail to capitalize on their achievements, career achievements allow an employer or a reader to understand how vital and useful you have been to the organizations operations. Here you should highlight achievements like process optimization, cost reduction, increase in profit margins, savings in taxes, reduction in losses etc. It is advisable to project figures to substantiate your claims.
- Experience and education: The staff accountant resume must highlight the candidates experience in accountancy, the various roles and responsibilities held in previous organizations and the candidate’s educational qualifications and achievements. This forms the basis of the candidate’s job application.
These simple tips will help you create a professional resume that will help you stand out amongst the other job seekers and get your profile noticed by recruiters.
Here we have a few sample staff accountant resume that you can use when drafting your resume. These sample resume have been written by experts keeping in mind the key skills and qualities that employers would look for in a candidate. You can refer to these samples given here and give your career a boost.
Browse through the Sample Staff Accountant Resumes given here: