A graduate accountant is a person who has just recently passed out of college or has completed his or her graduation or post graduation in the field of accountancy and is now looking to start a career in accounting and finance. A graduate accountant needs to be equipped with the right resume that can help kick start the candidates career in the field of accountancy. A well drafted graduate accountant resume plays a pivotal role in the candidate’s career as it helps the candidate get his break in an industry that sees high competition due to the fact that accountants jobs are high paying jobs and ones which require a good amount of skill and knowledge of the domain. The most important factor to be considered when choosing a resume format for a graduate accountant is that the format must be capable of highlighting the candidate’s freshness, knowledge, eagerness, attitude and aptitude and should be able to downplay his or her lack of experience. Graduate accountants are usually selected to work in organizations accounts and finance departments in the positions of junior accountants, assistant accountants or as interns.
When drafting a resume for graduate accountant one must ensure that the resume is optimized to grab the attention of employers, this can be done by optimizing various sections of the resume. We have a few tips that will help you create a impressive resume for your profile.
- Header: you need to have a great resume header that will immediately grab the reader’s attention.
- Format:- avoid conventional chronological formats that focus more on experience, rather choose a format that is functional and will help you highlight your skills and knowledge.
- Education: As a graduate or fresher, the candidate lacks experience in the domain, this can be offset by focusing on the candidates education, you should focus on the degrees, diplomas, post graduate degrees, certifications, trainings, gpa scores, projects worked on etc to bring to the front your knowledge in the domain.
- Skills: employers look for graduates who have the right skills for the job, highlighting skills like accounting skills, computer knowledge, ability to work in a team, good communication skills, leadership qualities etc will help give your profile and advantage over the other job seekers.
- Attitude: The resume must highlight the candidates attitude, it should portray that the candidate is positive, a go getter, willing to learn and has the right attitude to work in a professional environment. You can achieve this by focusing on affiliations with varsity clubs, associations etc.
Here we have a sample that will give you a clear idea on how to write a resume for a graduate accountant’s post. This sample resume will help you create a great resume that highlights your key skills and knowledge while ensuring that your lack of experience is not a hindrance for you when you apply for a job. You can use this graduate accountant sample resume while drafting your profile and give your career a boost in the right direction, getting you closer to your dream job.
Browse through the sample resumes given below: